01 09 10

Subtitle

A personal look at the trails and triumphs of creating. Creating a business, creating a Sacred Self Care practice and creating your authentic self.

Friday, July 6, 2018

Youtube


I have officially been an active youtuber for 1 year now. I knew I wanted to write a blog post about this topic but wasn't sure when and then I looked at the date and voila! So I'll talk about my journey with youtube so far and what my goal is. I'm also thinking about having a contest. Something I have never done before.


Wow, so I really can't believe its been 1 whole year since I jumped in with two feet. Maybe I should be making a video about this, lol. Maybe I will but I wanted to talk about this in case those who follow my blog are unaware of Scarlet Moon Creations on Youtube.

About 2 years ago I started watching more youtube videos. I am more of a reader than a watcher so up until then my youtube activities were restricted to the occasional music video and following a few friends who made videos. I got into watching kpop reactions videos, some tv show recaps and tarot readers channels. That expanded over the next 6 months to all sorts of pagan videos and journal making videos like plan with me's and handlettering how to's and even some booktubers. Then I came across this challenge called One Book July. At the time I was deep into making junk journals and using my brand new bullet journal in a traveler's notebook system. However, I found out that One Book July is a youtube challenge. Earlier in the year, I randomly had bought a selfie stick / tripod and had been toying with showing journal flip throughs.



So I jumped into making videos for One Book July (OBJ) with the focus on Go Big or Go Home where I used my various journals daily and filmed weekly updates for OBJ. That was a huge undertaking as I hadn't filmed anything by myself before and my experience before that was 10 years ago in one college course. But I made it through and wanted to continue these journal related videos so I started doing monthly Plan With Me videos. This January, I joined another youtube challenge called 31 Days of Tarot, and filmed, edited and uploaded videos for every day in January. I had been wanting to expand my video offerings and this was the perfect segue as I was also starting to offer card readings in my Etsy shop.


In February, I came across yet another youtube challenge called the Youtube Pagans challenge. My aim was to add more videos directly connected to Scarlet Moon Creations. So spiritual and pagan related topics as well as my knowledge of self care and herbalism. This channel serves as a cross between a video grimoire of sorts and a promotional tool for my products and services both free and paid. All highlighting Sacred Self Care which is the foundation of Scarlet Moon Creations.



With that in mind you may be wondering why so much focus on journaling. Well, since day 1, offering handmade books has been a goal of mine. I've blogged about it several times as far back as this Bookmaking post. I have learned a lot more about bookmaking since then and plan to start offering handmade books for journaling and planning purposes this year. FINALLY. I know I've said it before but this year I have been making books that I will start putting up for sale soon. So look forward to those.


You've already seen some of the journal inserts I've made for myself and how I use them is you follow my on Instagram. I joined the 100 Day Project again this year with the focus being on journaling. If you haven't look up #100daysof SMCjournaling. I also show more in depth usage on my youtube channel in my plan with me video series. Coming soon you will see even more as I am joining in on One Book July this year again.

Also, coming up on my channel are more pagan videos. Honey, Intuition and Journaling are just a few of the videos coming soon. I also plan to do a giveaway for my 1 year anniversary. So subscribe to get the notification when those videos goes up.

Thanks so much for 1 year on youtube to all of my subscribers there.
~Lashette
  Scarlet Moon Creations

No comments:

Post a Comment