01 09 10

Subtitle

A personal look at the trails and triumphs of creating. Creating a business, creating a Sacred Self Care practice and creating your authentic self.

Monday, December 16, 2013

New Etsy Shop Feature

After looking in on one of my personal favorite Etsy shops, I noticed something I had not seen before. They have a drop down menu so customers can choose among the different sized guest books they were offering. That in and if itself is not new to me. What caught my eyes was the fact that they had different prices listed next to each size and that when you make your choice, the total price you pay for the book changes. Somehow, I missed when this went into affect on Etsy.







When I first opened my shop I knew I would have different sizes for most of the items I would sell, but after checking around I found that while you can have different options (e.g. size, color) under one listing they all to be the same price. Now, that is obviously different. I am annoyed with myself for missing this but definitely happy and ready to take full advantage of this in my own shop.

For those of you who don't know, making just one Etsy listing, even a draft, takes at least 30 minutes. More if you include the time it takes you to get the right pictures, writing out a description and figuring out pricing, which you would do ahead of time, hopefully. Creating three listings, while not three times as long, is still longer. Plus, it seems obvious that customers would like it better if they didn't have to search for another listing of a different size and could just stay on the same page and choose the size they want with one click.
Just one more change I'd like to make to my shop. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment