01 09 10

Subtitle

A personal look at the trails and triumphs of creating. Creating a business, creating a Sacred Self Care practice and creating your authentic self.

Monday, February 2, 2015

Allow Me to Re-Introduce Myself

Ha! I got a song lyric title.

Anywho, today is the first day of Blogging 101 for me and the topic is: Introduce Yourself to the World. Hence, the song lyric title of this post.

Hi, my name is Lashette but here mi llamo Scarlet Moon. Why am I using spanish? Because its my second language (though I've lost a lot of it) and I tend to use it playfully when making and creating. I do like to create stuff and after gifting some of the things I have created in the past, a few people told me I should try selling some of what I make. I thought maybe that's a good idea. That way, I make a little extra money and don't become a hoarding recluse, surrounded only by the stuff I've made. No cats or dogs since I'm allergic to both. Alas.

If you've read my blog before, you know that I started this blog a little over two years ago (I used spanish there too). Looking back at that first, welcoming post, I realize that not too much has changed. That's not a bad thing but I had also forgotten that I originally wanted to turn this blog into a newsletter.  I don't know if that will still happen; its not completely off the table though. But what is the same is the content of this blog. I have spoken of new product ideas (just this morning, in fact), I have linked so many links, I do believe I have become the Queen of Links (put that on a tarot card!). Over the past year, I've been consciously trying to incorporate at least one picture in every post. And of course I have included my wordy thoughts all over.

The one thing I do want to get around to is including others recipes (mine are a secret. shhh) because there are tons of awesome creators on the internet and they give me lots of inspiration. I've been trying to build up a blog roll of sorts for places I love to visit for inspiration. Unfortunately, most of those reposts get sent to my Facebook page, which you should all check out. No, I have not given up on it. Yes, I know the algorithm has changed yet again and if you haven't you should read my facebook post.

The last thing I want to include more of is ingredient posts. I've been wanting to for awhile, but I learned something earlier this year that changed my goals for the Etsy business. There's a post about that coming next week so I won't spoil it now. Suffice it to say, I will be working on ingredients posts in the future. Also, in the future will be more Event Services posts. I will be focusing more on that in the future of this year and my life and business-wise I feel that starting an event services business is a blogging niche I can fill.

Essentially, this is a business blog. I am not one for being the traditional type, so this blog will show the emotional side of business ownership as well as .... well.... the business side of business ownership. Over the past two years of blogging my journey so far, I've found that sharing my creations with the world is what I really want to do. Not just as a backup or a little extra money. The foundation of all this is my need to create. I love to create with my mind; I love to create with my hands; I love to create electronically; and I love sharing my creations with others. Its my passion. Hence, Scarlet Moon Creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment