01 09 10

Subtitle

A personal look at the trails and triumphs of creating. Creating a business, creating a Sacred Self Care practice and creating your authentic self.

Monday, February 19, 2018

A Change is Coming



Wow, so its been awhile huh?

I've actually had a few blog posts sitting here because my thoughts about Scarlet Moon Creations and this blog in particular were going through a metamorphosis.



Midway through 2017 I wanted to add another stream of income which was affiliation. However, I started to implement it I realized my blog as it was was not optimized for it. So I decided to wait and learn more first. Also, I'll be real honest and tell you that my planned monthly updates of my traffic, income and goals didn't get off to a good start and then finally petered out because they were so time consuming. There was a lot of data to assimilate but the images are what took up most of the time. So I fell off on doing them.

In July I started doing YouTube videos randomly thanks to One Book July. And I've just kept doing them since then with no goal except to post at least monthly. But then Ethony's 31 Days of Tarot happened last month and wow. I didn't know I could do that. Go and check out my youtube channel HERE. I've also gained quite a following from all these videos that I wasn't sure what to do with. How to connect YouTube to the overall business plan?

Also, last year was my fifth year running Scarlet Moon Creations and once upon a time I had plans for upgrading my blog after year 5. Which was cool but since I've learned so much and become so much more as a person and a business owner I didn't know if my original plans were enough anymore. Or were they too much? I had wanted to move the blog to WordPress website but I like the looks of it here. Then there is the fact that though this started as a how I create my business blog, I wanted to expand. All my new blog post ideas didn't fit into the narrow focus I had originally created but I still wanted to talk about the business behind the scenes. Should I create a completely separate blog or not then was the question. And what should I be putting in my newly created newsletter?

All these questions and options had me pausing think for awhile. Halfway through the year I had quit my job and went full time on my businesses. However, I didn't make enough money to create a WordPress website and buy a domain as planned. My year ended with the highest sales ever for Scarlet Moon Creations but some uncertainties as to its future.

So here we are in February 2018 and things are going to change around here. I talked about some of the above in my last post and have finally made some decisions. Creating a Self Care practice will be an additional focus of this blog. Posts will be queued up and set to publish here. New headers are on their way. And products and services will be highlighted.

Its a time of awakening after the long sleepy winter. Spring will be here in a few weeks. New growth and the new moon is the perfect time to roll out the new and improved Scarlet Moon Creations. I can't wait for you all to love it.

~Lashette
  Scarlet Moon Creations

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like exciting things are heading towards Scarlet Moon Creations! I can't wait to see how you embrace the changes and what they are!

    ReplyDelete