01 09 10

Subtitle

A personal look at the trails and triumphs of creating. Creating a business, creating a Sacred Self Care practice and creating your authentic self.

Thursday, April 19, 2018

What is Sacred Self Care



Hola,

I knew I wanted to write about this topic for awhile. I considered making a video but I think the written word fits better as I organize my thoughts. This is something very important to me. A personal practice that I am building but also want to share with others.

At first glance, Scarlet Moon Creations, my shop in particular, may seem shallow or only about the indulgent types of self care. Skimming the surface of a very important topic and activity. And it is in a way. I think of my etsy shop as just the beginning. A gateway, if you will, to Sacred Self Care.


But what is self care?
Self care is a very personal form of care. Something or things you do completely selfishly to take care of yourself. What those things are can run the gamut from the famed bubble bath to relax after a long day to intense therapy or shadow work to work through your personal demons. Its different for everybody since we are all individuals so we all create our own self care arsenals.

Some things are obvious or at least popular and well known. Like skin care rituals, dressing for success, exercising and eating healthily. Others are not so much like taking time away from social media and the news, examining what triggers our emotions, finding hobbies that engage different parts of our minds from our work, or purposefully seeking out those people that lift our moods.

Some forms of self care we do instinctively without thought; taking deep breaths and giving ourselves a small "You can do this" pep talk before embarking on a new situation, venting to friends and family, working out or cleaning out our frustrations. While others have to be introduced to us or may be taboo; finding a psychiatrist or psychologist, reiki, cutting out toxic family from your life, switching your religion.

So what's sacred about self care?
Personally, I have found that every form of self care is sacred. That being said, I think it helps to imbue your self care techniques with a holy aspect. Thinking of rituals and routines they are very similar. Making your self care routine not only a habit but a sacred ritual created to honor yourself gives it more importance. I believe making even every day activities like bathing into a ritual can benefit many. This is not to say that these rituals need to be long or elaborate unless that's what you want and need.

Ultimately, its about what will best help you take care of you first. I aim to help as many people as possible learn as many forms of self care so that they can better take care of themselves. I don't know it all. As I learn and grow so will Scarlet Moon Creations. I am a very spiritual person and a lover of modern and practical witchcraft. But you don't need to be a witch to take advantage of what I have to offer. Spirituality is personal and also beyond the individual religions. And so is sacred self care. You can take the ritual elements I share and adjust them to your belief systems if necessary. So let's go on a journey to creating a better you.

~Lashette
  Scarlet Moon Creations

No comments:

Post a Comment