01 09 10

Subtitle

A personal look at the trails and triumphs of creating. Creating a business, creating a Sacred Self Care practice and creating your authentic self.

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Instagram


If you did not know, Scarlet Moon Creations is on Instagram (IG). Its been roughly 5 1/2 years now. At first, I was resistant to joining because I didn't want another personal social media account. Plus, it was image focused and I didn't see what pictures I would have to post.

Then when I considered IG from a business stand point, I didn't have the equipment or know how to make attractive pictures. As a promotional platform it was getting popular because you could show people your products and appeal to them aesthetically. But like I said I didn't have the capabilities. Plus, I think of my bath and ritual items as more of an experience.

However, I eventually decided to join as a way to get closer to potential customers and clients. Share behind the scenes photos and details about what goes into each creation. At the time, Facebook seemed to be going nowhere for me and I got an SD card with enough space to hold the pictures I wanted to take.
SMC IG
Times have changed. My business has grown, as has my following. I've gotten better cameras and more storage. And of course been inspired by and made lots of new connections thanks to IG. As of now, in addition to product photos, I share inspirational quotes, free self care card readings, sale announcements and journaling posts. So if Instagram is your preferred social media, go ahead and follow me @scarlet_moon_creations. I have big plans for next year.

~Lashette
  Scarlet Moon Creations

No comments:

Post a Comment